Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Easter Cards

I wanted to share a few Easter cards I had made. 


On my first card, I used a Stampendous stamp called Chickie Hop.
This is a gate fold card with patterned paper used from various packs in my stash. 
I colored the chicks with some Copic markers and flocked the ears with Martha Stewart's flock in white.  The pink shows through as I had colored the ears pink.  The ribbon holds the overlapping chicks from opening.  Just slide the ribbon a bit and the first part opens to reveal another chick by stampendous.  Open that fold and there is a simple Easter saying.   The final measurements are 4 3/4 X 41/4 when closed.   When starting you need a piece 11x 4 1/4, score at 2 1/2 and 7 1/4.  This gives you three section: 2 5/8, 4 3/4, & 3 1/2.  I measured it out on a scrap paper and wrote the dimensions down and then made the card.  This way you will have template for the future.  This will also help with dimensions to be used to mat all the sides. 






This is a standard size card.  I used the same Chickie Hop stamp from Stampendous. Colored with Copic markers and flocked the ears with Martha Stewart's flocking.  I matted the chicks onto pink then yellow card stock.  Then matted it on a larger piece of pink that I had embossed with a Sizzix embossing folder.  The Easter stamp is from Stampin' up as is the ribbon. 







I just wanted to make something that was a bit more fun and thought the flock would make the bunny ears feel real fuzzy.  And they do.  I think I will try to use flock more in my projects. 
Let me know what you think or if you have questions.

14 comments:

  1. I love the chicks. Such a cute card. I think your entire blog is lovely. Momo sent me and I'm glad she did.

    http://ali-hann.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so cute. The colors are so bright and they make me smile,great work. Thank you for stopping by my blog and becoming a follower. I am now a follower of your blog. TFS

    CountryLadyDesigns@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your cards! They are so cute! Momo sent me!
    I'm following now. Thank you for following my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love the card and the mini...off to check out your videos. I am following your blog and as you know...Momo sent me:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just too cute. I saw that stamp and thought about getting it, now I wish I had seeing how cute you've made it look. Thanks for stopping by & becoming a follower. This is a great thing Momo is doing for all of us. New friends-I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Easter chics are TOO CUTE! Great project!

    Momo sent me! I am now a follower - so very nice to meet you!

    http://lillianchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your cards!
    Momo sent me, I am now following your blog

    your friend,Judy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute projects! Thanks for visiting my blog. I was sent by Momo. I am now following you as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute cards! Thanks so much for deciding to follow my blog. I'm excited to return the favor! Momo sent me :)

    Tiffany - http://sparkledmemories.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute! Thank you for following my blog! Momo sent me and I am following you now too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute cards!! Momo send me and I'm your new follower :)
    cecy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your cards. Momo sent me. Visit my blog for a chance to win some blog candy.
    Www.bellascrapbookdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are so adorable. Love the cute image and bows. the paper is so soft and pretty

    ReplyDelete