Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Father's Day Cards

I wanted to start a bit earlier this year so I don't have to rush unlike last year Father's day.  Some of my cards were late and I was not a happy camper.  :(
I found a tie stamp set at Michaels after Father's day and loved it!  I did the Tie cutout last year and thought how cute the stamp set was.  I have not seen yet for this year, but something should come out soon.  I noticed all the Michaels were re-stocking shelves the past couple of weeks. 

All of the paper used are what I have in my stash.  I am really trying to use up what I have before I go out and purchase more.  Although all the new paper pads are really hard to resist.  I just have so much paper I can't really see me buying new stuff.   

My first card is a take on last years.  I hand cut the tie shape.  There is no pattern. 
I used my cricut to cut out the word DAD.  The background is a embossing template I had for years.  Its a quick cuts?  Its not sizzix or cuttlebug I am sure.

My second card  used my mini sewing machine to stitch around the mat.  I wanted to make a pocket for the pull tag.  This is the Michaels stamp set with the tie.  The papers are just some old CM scrapbook paper I had.  

Thanks for stopping by and I will be making my rounds to everyone's blog later tonight.  :)













11 comments:

  1. Thank you for following me on my blog! I am now a follower of your's as well!! Nice to get a head start on upcomming holidays!! Very nice cards!! TFS!!

    http://ibecircled.blogspot.com
    Rexann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome cards, isn't momo fantastic...thanks for stopping and following my blog you are the 100 follower, i may have something small to send you..email me back with your address and i'll send it asap...i'm now following you as well. Love the little chicks in a row in your other post...super cute. kimbob27 at hotmail dot com
    Oh by the way who did your blog, looks awesome and i was going to get mine done..
    www.canadiancraftcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy,

    MoMo sent me! Awesome card!! Thanks for stopping by my blog and following me. I am now your new follower! I did some research for you and if you have the "Everyday Paper Dolls" Cartridge it has a TIE on page 59. I couldn't help myself lol I love the card and may just copy it for my husband who has a birthday on the 28th of this month!

    Rachel Miller
    rachelspapercrafts(at)ymail(dot)com
    rachelspapercrafts.blogspot.com
    +

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed your blog love the father's day card. Momo sent me and I am now your new follower if you would like to visit me

    http://www.lindaspinkcraftroom.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. What cute cards! Love the ties! Just became a a follower (momo sent me) and look forward to seeing more of your projects in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for following my blog! I am now a follower of yours too! I just love these father's day cards! You do a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are such cute cards. I'm your newest follower. Momo sent me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Momo set me!! Lovin' those Father's Day cards. Masculine cards are always a little more difficult. Love your blog design too!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Momo sent me. What an awesome card! THanks for following my blog!

    Thanks,
    Vani

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these! Thanks for the inspiration! Man cards are always tough! I'm your newest follower. Momo sent me;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. thats such a cute card you did a great job momon sent me

    ReplyDelete